I am quite pleased to see so much awareness in the media about "Greening" our lifestyles.
Please read below about some of our favorite ways to live Green.
What a glorious time of year this is!! Spring is in full swing! Inside, I feel an up-welling of excitement, a desire to expand my body and mind like the new plants sprouting from the earth. The teachings of Anusara Yoga remind us that we are the fullness and expansion that we see everywhere in nature right now. And, as we practice, we can unleash this uplifting feeling.
Patrick and I came back from a great weekend workshop in San Francisco, and Kendra is back from her Yoga Therapy training in North Carolina and we are all still feeling this great inner fullness of light. There is nothing like doing a bunch of yoga in a room with 100 people day after day, all with the same intentions to explore the body and mind open-heartedly. After each class, I found myself more expanded than the last. I noticed that the practice of exploring the edges of my body's abilities brought me a feeling of inner radiance that just keeps growing. I left feeling happy, connected and noticed that even with stragers, I was more kind and present. It really shows the power of the yoga to bring us to higher states of being, to the Self.
I think these musings on Inner Peace must have been written by a yogi:
Symptoms of Inner Peace:
(Watch for these signs of peace. Many hearts have already been exposed. It could reach epidemic proportions).
- an unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment
- loss of interest in judging others or yourself
- loss of interest in conflict
- loss of ability to worry (very serious symptom)
- frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation
- contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature
- frequent attacks of smiling through the eyes from the heart
- tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen
- tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fear based on past experience
- susceptibility to love extended by others and the uncontrollable urge to extend love
From our radiance, may we exude kindness and compassion towards others and this Mother Earth. May we treat others and this Earth like our best friends: with respect, with honor and with deep appreciation.
Much love from Inner Freedom Yoga